Friday, August 12, 2011

Bistro Jeanty (06.18.11)

I have to start by saying that I can't write a fair review on Bistro Jeanty as I was a bit under the weather that night. An allergy attack earlier in the day had left me all sniffly and congested so I have to put that out there.

Creme de tomate en croute was good. The puff pastry very flaky and the soup had a nice tartness to it that cut the heaviness of the creme.

Escargots were buttery and buttery and utterly delicious! I love me some butter and I love love love garlic so this was a perfect combo for me. The bread they brought was perfect for the garlic butter left over from the escargot.

Terrine de lapin was good but not outstanding.

Epaule de porc was very tender and a good size portion for the price. This dish did not disappoint. I didn't want anything too heavy and it was just right. The brussel sprouts added that nice bitter tinge to it that really brought out the sweetness in the pork.

Flat iron steak was the special of the day served on a bed of risotto. The steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare with a pat of butter on top and a very generous serving of risotto.

Daube de boeuf featured a very nice tender portion of beef with mashed potatoes, carrots and peas. My hubby ordered this and he loved the beef. Didn't care for the potatoes so he left those for sicky me who loves the taters.

Entrecote frites was your standard preparation. Great french fries. The meat was cooked just right but nothing special enough to write home about.

A good meal...I will have to return to try again when I'm feeling better.

No comments: